B2B marketing videos can be powerful tools for persuasion. A video can be used on a website, at tradeshows, in lobbies, and have a life of its own on YouTube. According to Brainshark, 70% of B2B marketers use some form of online video with their overall strategies. Videos enable technical or jargon-filled content to be put into an easily digestible format. To make sales, the decision-maker must fully understand the benefits of your product or service. A video is an easy way to convey these benefits with words and imagery that can be a powerful selling tool.
The Benefits of B2B Marketing Videos
- Easy to understand-convert complicated information into easily understandable information.
- High information retention– more powerful than words.
- Lead generation tool – encourages users to seek more information.
- Cost-saving solution – don’t have to have a sales person explaining or a long literature packs.
- Video is a popular medium – more than 53 percent of the entire U.S. population watched online video in 2012 (Brainshark).
Are B2B marketing videos right for your company?
“Because of the way people want to consume information, video is always going to be right for your company,” explains Richard Morrow, ParkerWhite’s Director of Digital. Video consumption is also good for retention. Statistics from Brainshark show that information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. In addition, 46 percent of people say that seeing a product or service mentioned in an online video would encourage them to seek out more information.
CASE STUDY: Aperio
Aperio is the leading product innovator in moving traditional pathology into the digital space with its digital scanner products and software.
Aperio’s new leadership hired ParkerWhite to help rebrand the organization to reflect its new strategic positioning from being a product-focused sales organization to a full service healthcare and life sciences ePathology solutions partner/provider.
Goal of the Video:
To help lab and hospital administration staff understand the potential time and cost savings, and other benefits of adopting Aperio’s scanning and image sharing solutions.
CASE STUDY: ZEST Anchors
Who: For 40 years, ZEST Anchors has been a global leader in the manufacturing of overdenture attachment.
Situation: Build awareness for the corporate brand, as the product brand was dominant. Additionally, take an amazing product that has lackluster marketing and give it the image and voice it deserves within a global platform.
Goal of the Video: To educate clinicians on the benefits of the locator.
“In both cases, we took a really abstract concept and turned it into something that’s easily understandable for a diverse audience,” explains Tyson Misleh, Account Manager, “so you don’t have to have a Ph.D. to understand the benefits of Aperio’s scanner, or a D.D.S. to understand why the pivoting action of the LOCATOR is superior for patient comfort.”
5 Tips for Better B2B Marketing Videos
- Create valuable content.
- Create content for your target personas.
- Be concise.
- Translate technological or jargon-filled information into easily understandable information for decision-makers.
- Utilize videos for microsites, websites, YouTube, Vimeo, tradeshows, lobbys, email, and for partners.
If you’re interested in getting started with B2B video marketing, click here to learn how ParkerWhite can help your company.Are you interested in B2B marketing?
- Join our B2B Google Plus Community
- Learn how to get started on Pinterest – Pinterest B2B Social Media Marketing: 40 Ideas to Get You Started